Welcome to Yahweh Yoga!
Step By Step
- Start in Standing Forward Bend (Triangle, Warrior 2/3 or Side Angle) and extend one leg up parallel to the mat.
- Hand places on the mat 6-8 inches in front of the same side foot.
- Hips stack one on top of the other as other arm extends up.
- fingers spread and foot flexes.
- Tuck tailbone under and tighten core.
- Gaze is down at the hand on the mat, straight forward or up at the extended arm.
- Strengthens the abdomen, ankles, thighs, buttocks and spine.
- Stretches the groins, hamstrings, calves, shoulders, chest and spine.
- Improves coordination and sense of balance.
- Helps relieve stress and improves digestion.
- Someone with neck problems should not look up towards the extended hand; continue looking straight ahead and keep both sides of the neck evenly long.
- Headache or migraine.
- Low blood pressure.
- Foot turned, not on four corners, knee not tracking in the direction of the toe.
- Lack of muscular energy.
- Not enough outer spiral in standing leg.
- Lack of shoulder loop.
- Imbalance of muscular and organic energy.
- Coming out carelessly.