Welcome to Yahweh Yoga!
Step By Step
- Stand in Mountain with hands on hips.
- Exhale and bend forward from the hip joints, not from waist.
- Descend drawing the front of the torso out of the groins and open the space between the pubis and top sternum.
- Move fully into the position while lengthening the front torso.
- The knees should be straight and the palms or finger tips on the floor slightly in front or beside the feet. You may use a block or press your hands into your thighs if you can not reach the floor.
- Press heels firmly into the floor and lift the sitting bones towards the ceiling.
- Shins In thighs Out.
- Allow the head to hang from the root of the neck, which is deep in the upper back, between the shoulder blades.
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression.
- Stimulates the liver and kidneys.
- Stretches the hamstrings, calves and hips.
- Strengthens the thighs and knees.
- Improves digestion.
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause.
- Reduces fatigue and anxiety.
- Relieves Headache and insomnia.
- ThTherapeutic for asthma, high blood pressure, infertility, osteoporosis and sinusitis.
- Unmedicated high blood pressure.
- Detached retina, weak eye capillaries, glaucoma, conjunctivitis or any inflammation of the eyes or ears.
- Recent or chronic injury or inflammation of back, shoulders or knees.
- Too much of a curve in the back.
- Setting the gaze towards the earth.
- Acute sciatica (with inflammation).
- Interlace fingers behind back, lift arms, pulling elbows towards each other behind back.