Welcome to Yahweh Yoga!
Step By Step
- Lie on belly, chin to mat and arms down by the side with palms facing up.
- Bend at the knees bringing heels as close to the buttocks as possible, wrap shoulders around the spine and reach back with hands taking hold of the ankles or upper feet.
- Draw knees towards each other and maintain hips width apart for duration of pose.
- Spread the toes and press feet into the hands.
- Inhale and strongly lift the heels away from the buttocks and, at the same time, lift the thighs away from the mat. Upper torso and head lift.
- Knees are magnetized together, upper thighs and heels continue to lift, shoulder blades press against the back and heart opens. Shoulders drop away from the ears and gaze forward.
- Breathe into the back of the torso.
- Stretches the entire front of the body, ankles, things, groin, abdomen, chest, throat and deep hip flexors.
- Strengthens the back muscles.
- Improves posture.
- Stimulates the organs, abdomen and neck.
- Knee injury.
- High or low blood pressure.
- Serious lower back or neck injury.
- Knees flaring out.
- Feet asleep.
- Shoulders forward.
- Lack of tailbone scooping.