Welcome to Yahweh Yoga!
Step By Step
- Come into Warrior 2 Pose and then straighten the front leg.
- Extend the torso over the front leg, bending at the hip joint not the waist. Rest extended hand on the shin or the mat behind or in front of the calf.
- Press into the back foot lengthening all the way up through the side and opening up through the heart. Tailbone tucks.
- Extend the back arm up towards the ceiling, fingers active. Keep arm in line with the shoulders.
- Keep head in a neutral position or gently gaze upwards towards hand.
- Stretches and strengthens the thighs, knees and ankles.
- Stretches the hips, groins, hamstrings, calves, shoulders, chest and spine.
- Stimulates the abdominal organs.
- Helps relieve stress.
- Improves digestion.
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause.
- Relieves backache especially through second trimester of pregnancy.
- Therapeutic for anxiety, flat feet, infertility, neck pain, osteoporosis and sciatica.
- Low blood pressure.
- Heart condition; practice on the wall and keep top arm on the hip.
- High blood pressure; turn the gaze downward in the final pose.
- Neck problems; don’t turn the head to look upward, continue looking straight ahead and keep both sides of the neck evenly long.
- Feet turned, not four corners.
- Feet not in line, back foot is too turned out.
- Lack of muscular energy.
- Knees bent or hyper extended.
- Hips in same plane as feet causing front knee to cave to midline.