Welcome to Yahweh Yoga!
Yahweh Yoga Teacher Training Academy: Setting standards of excellence for Christian Yoga Training since 2005
As Christians, we rest secure in grace, but we also are called to view and approach everything from the lens of God’s Word.
As a Licensed, Registered Christian Yoga School, our mission at Yahweh Yoga is to equip students with an education that is reflective of God’s Word and delivered with the highest professional standards in the yoga industry. Graduates of our program are equipped with the knowledge and credentials necessary to teach in professional settings in a manner that honors the LORD.
Personalized Teacher Trainings allow students to start anytime, anywhere or get it done on the Fast Track, whatever works for you. Non-teachers interested in simply deepening your practice and relationship with Christ, this is a profound journey for you too! Contact Us.
Come as you are...all ages and fitness levels are welcome...there's something for everyone.
Learn to teach Stretch, Relax & Restore, Gentle, Flow & Hot Yoga. Our purpose is to provide a teaching experience like no other, one that includes the fundamental components for optimum health and lifestyle...mind, body and Spirit. Graduates leave with the confidence that they will enjoy healthier lives and are qualified to teach wherever God leads whether it be churches, studios, events or starting their own businesses, they will have the tools to succeed and excel.
Please understand that Yoga Alliance requires all Registered Yoga Schools (RYS) to deliver 180-Contact Hours (14-Days) for RYT-200 credentials and 9-Days for RYT-300.
Yahweh Yoga Teacher (YYT-100) Online Program
Yahweh Yoga welcomes students from all backgrounds and faiths to learn how to incorporate yoga practice and healthy living into their daily lives. Yahweh Yoga teacher credentials are recognized by the yoga industry, Yoga Alliance, State of Arizona and the Christian community as a whole for leadership and as the most highly accredited Christian style yoga teacher training available anywhere. Tuition from this course can apply toward next level certifications. Graduates become credentialed yoga teachers with a focus on delivering inspiring classes that you can easily bring into your community.
The course includes seven modules: Alignment & Postures, Eating & Healthy Lifestyle, Cueing & Teaching Methodology, Anatomy & Physiology, Philosophy, Business Development & Marketing, Yoga Industry. Materials included - Books & DVDs
Students will enjoy your training program in our state-of-the-art online classroom. Our Online Program is 70 days, approximately 1-hour per day. The modules are designed with built-in flexibility that allows students to complete their assignments on a schedule that works with their daily life. Throughout this course there is unlimited email support provided an E-RYT Yahweh Yoga Instructor, and all course materials are provided as a part of their tuition.
An optional component of this course is attendance at a 3-Day Arizona Learning Experience (included in tuition). This allows students to experience Yahweh Yoga classes and teacher’s first-hand and put all of their knowledge into practice. Accommodations are not included in tuition.
In the online portion, do I have to login at a certain time every day?
Our online course work is available at any time. This means that you are free to logon each week whenever you like. Your only requirements are to complete each module by the given deadline, which are spaced roughly 10 to 12 days apart.
How rigorous is the testing process? I get nervous taking tests.
We want to create quality Christian yoga teachers so we made sure that our testing process assesses your progress and provides feedback on where you may need more work. You can take our tests as many times as you need to master the concepts. Our goal is to help you learn and become the best yoga teacher you can be.
What is it like to take an online class? I’m not very computer-oriented.
Relax – online learning can be mastered by anyone, even someone with minimal computer experience. When we developed our curriculum, we hired Educational Technology PhD candidates from Arizona State University to make sure that our online classroom environment was inviting and accessible by people of all levels of technological expertise. Before you ever begin your coursework, you will take part in an online environment orientation. During this time, you will get to experience the features of the online classroom.
Do you have to be really experienced at yoga? I’m a beginner but interested in teacher training.
The answer is you can take our teacher training with no yoga experience – because by the time you complete this course, you will likely have more yoga mastery than you ever thought possible. The beauty of yoga as a health practice is that regardless of your age or level, there is a class appropriate for you to teach. If you are extremely athletic, Power Yoga might suit you, or you might prefer to teach Stretch, Relax & Restore, Gentle Journey or Flow classes.
There are no specific prerequisites other than the desire to deepen your own personal journey and to bring God's peace and good health to all.
Module 0: Orientation
- Students become acquainted with the online learning environment, set up their profile and meet the other members of the learning community.
Module 1: Yahweh Yoga Philosophy
- Spiritual Basics and their foundation in Scripture
- World Views
- What is Christian Yoga?
- Pranayama & Christian Meditation
Module 2: Eating and Healthy Lifestyle
- Spiritual health
- Emotional health
- Physical health
Module 3: Business Development and Marketing
- Ministering with Christian yoga
- Financial Considerations
- Spiritual and Financial Goal Setting
- LLC Business Structure
- Brand Development
Module 4: The Yoga Industry
- Yoga Alliance overview
- Yama’s and Niyama’s and their relationship to Scripture
- Yoga master teachers
- Types of yoga
Module 5: Anatomy and Physiology
- Medial, Distal, Posterior, Flexion, and Skeletal system functions
- Coronal, Sagittal, and Transverse movement plane functions
- Femur, Humerus, Fibula, and Tibia skeletal attachment structures
- Knee, Hip, Shoulder, and Spine/lumbar joint structures
- Rotator cuff muscle postures, movement, and location
- Ligament functions
- Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar, and Sacral spinal structures
- Psoas, Quadriceps, and Hamstring muscular and adjacent bone and joint structures
- Scoliosis, Arch problems in the feet, and Sciatica characteristics
Module 6: Alignment and Postures
- Alignment and Postures: benefits, misalignments, contraindication
- Anusara Inspired Alignment: principles, actions, and focal points
Module 7: Teaching Methodology
- Lesson Plan Creation
- Musical Cueing
- Using Your Voice Effectively
- Practicing Yahweh Yoga classes a minimum four days per week throughout the length of the program using Yahweh Yoga DVDs or at our Chandler Studio. All books and DVDs are included in tuition.
- Optional Attendance of a 3- Day Onsite Retreat
- Completion of a 30 Minute “Final Teach”.
Start Online Anytime!
- If you are attending optional 3-Day Arizona On-Site Learning Experience (included in your tuition) please choose the first 3 days of one of our posted on-site training schedules listed under 200-Hour Program.
YYT/RYT-200 Teacher Training Program
Yahweh Yoga's comprehensive YYT/RYT-200 Teacher Training Program is designed to allow students to begin their journey ANYWHERE/ANYTIME! It consists of course work, personal practice, observations, and attendance of 14-days of on-site training in Arizona. These 14-days can be completed all at once or in two one-week sessions. Our 14-Day Onsite Program abundantly fulfills Yoga Alliance requirements.
Graduates will earn Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200) credentials with Yoga Alliance and Yahweh Yoga Teacher Credentials (YYT-200). These are the credentials that are needed to designate that you are a professional to potential employers and other professionals in the yoga industry.
- Become a registered Christian yoga teacher.
- Get a supercharged yoga practice! You think your alignment is good now? Wait until we get our hands on you.
- Learn the physical practice of Asana.
- Imagine studying with amazing people who all love JESUS!
- Learn more and take time to explore anatomy, business, cueing, lifestyle, meditation, nutrition, philosophy, postures,
- breathing...take your practice to the next level.
- Ask the questions YOU want.
- Learn the poses you just can’t yet achieve on your own. With our team of master teachers you will be given the
- individual attention you deserve.
- Journal and grow spiritually through our healing assignments and Bible study.
- Learn to deliver and teaching amazing classes should you choose that path.
- Learn to share your passion and inspire others.
- Shine your light for God!
None! With our flexible join-anytime scheduling, starting your Teacher Training journey is now easier than ever. Start now with your prep manual and start building your foundation through a structure of 7 modules to review before or after your on-site training.
Techniques, Training and Practice
These topics will be explored both analytically and through guided practice
- Lining up the pranayama's and niyama's with God’s Word
- The Biblical basis for a Christian yoga practice
- Yahweh Yoga Philosophy
- Christian Meditation techniques
- Principles of Alignment
- Planes of Movement
Yoga Alliance Minimum Contact Hours: 75 hours
Minimum Contact Hours With Lead Trainers: 50 hours
- Sequencing a class to promote stillness and worship
- Creating a meaningful class experience
- Utilizing modifications and props to address the needs of specific individuals and populations
- Understanding and application of the Yahweh Yoga teaching style
- Delivering Rest, Relax and Restore, Gentle Journey, Faithful Flow, Hot Yoga and Yoga Sculpt classes
- Business Principles, Marketing, and Social Media
- Demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting techniques
- Characteristics of a good yoga teacher
- Supporting students on their journey
- Introduction into teaching and supporting students with chronic diseases and special populations
Yoga Alliance Minimum Contact Hours: 15 hours
Minimum Contact Hours With Lead Trainers: 10 hours
Anatomy and Physiology
- Human Physical Anatomy and Physiology
- Principles of Alignment and Postures
- Arm Balances & Inversion
- Application of Anatomy and Physiology within a yoga practice
- Yoga asana benefits, contraindications and modifications
- Planes of Moment
- Energy Anatomy and Physiology from a Biblical Standpoint
- Essential Oils
Yoga Alliance Minimum Contact Hours: 10 hours
Minimum Contact Hours With Lead Trainers: 0 hours
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- Different styles and branches of yoga
- The Yoga Industry
- The Importance of Self- Care for Emotional Wellness
- Nutrition and eating
- Women’s Health
- Aromatherapy & Essential Oils
- Bible Study on the Fruit of the Spirit
Yoga Alliance Minimum Contact Hours: 20 hours
Minimum contact hours w/ Lead Trainer(s): 0 hours
Students will gain experience sequencing, cueing, adjusting and teaching yoga classes. This will culminate in students teaching a thirty-minute class as their final exam.
Yoga Alliance Minimum Contact Hours: 5 hours
Minimum contact hours w/ Lead Trainer(s): 5 hours
200-RYT Level Retreat Dates for 2017
- February 17 - March 2
- May 26 - June 8
- October 6-19
YYT/RYT-500 Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Program
The purpose for this Advanced Yoga Program is to train expert credentialed yoga teachers to serve people with conditions and limitations so they can live a higher, more joyful quality of life.
This program is designed as a self-paced in-depth study and exploration of yoga and how it is being widely used with integrative-medicine for those with a variety of ailments.
Experienced teachers are adding these skills to their credentials in order to better serve their students, deepen their own practice and to advance their teaching opportunities.
There are four main components included to this advanced program:
- Directed Course Study and Exams
- 1500 Word Thesis
- 12-Day On-Site Study in Arizona
- 15 -Contact Observations
Prerequisite: Must have RYT-200 credentials from any Yoga Alliance accredited school. These prerequisites combined with the completion of our Advanced Yoga Program will qualify students for YYT/RYT-500 Yoga Alliance credentials.
Completion of Yahweh Yoga's YYT/RYT-500 Advanced Yoga Program will provide the confidence that student’s need to work within clinics, hospitals, schools and special populations.
Students can start at ANYTIME/ANYWHERE as long they are registered for one of our upcoming 14-day on-site Advanced Yoga Training in Arizona. Books and lesson plans will be sent out upon registration and students can begin immediately. These 14-days can be completed all at once or in two one-week sessions.
Upon completion of our YYT/RYT-500 Advanced Yoga Program students can register with Yoga Alliance and receive their RYT-500 credentials.
Completion of any RYT-200 Yoga Alliance Accredited Program worldwide.
Yoga for Teachers
- How to Love Your Students
- Recognize your student’s special needs
- Interacting with students
- Involvement in your own healing
- Coping Techniques for Teachers
- Delivering effective and appropriate classes
- Yoga as a Technology for Life Transformation
- Fostering Spiritual Growth
- Yoga in Your Community
- The Business of Yoga
Yoga for the Emotional Body
Yoga for Seasons and Stages of Life
- Women’s Seasons
- Men’s Seasons
- Pre Natal/Post Natal
Yoga for Severe Trauma – Part 1
- Working with Veterans
- Working with First Responders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder PTSD
Yoga for Severe Trauma – Part 2
- Healing Emotional Trauma
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual Abuse
Yoga for Recovery
Yoga for Rehabilitation
- Injuries and Surgeries
- Physical Weakness & Pain Management 1
Yoga for a Healthy & Intentional Life
- Positive Self-Talk & Reflection
- Achieve Flow and an Optimal State of Inner Experience
- Understand the Power of Food
- Eating Disorders
- Importance of Meditation and Reflection
- Personalize Your Yoga Practice Throughout Life Changes
- The Importance of Yoga for Caregivers
- Life Coaching – Designing your life for Success
Yoga for Chronic Conditions – Part 1
- Cardiac care
- High Blood Pressure
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Chronic Fatigue
- Pain Management
Yoga for Chronic Conditions – Part 2
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Chronic Fatigue
- Pain Management
Anatomy for Yoga
- Inside the Asanas
- Dynamics of Breathing
- Skeletal System
- Muscular System
- Loops/ Spirals
- Organic vs. Muscular Energy
- Yoga and the Spine
Yoga for Common Ailments
- Assist the Aging
- Manage Arthritis
- Diminish Back Pain
- Soothe Carpel Tunnel
- Foot and Knee Injuries
- Relieve Hip, Pelvis Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Coping with Migraines
Yoga for the Spine and Skeletal Systems
- Flexion and Extension – Primary and Secondary Curves
- Inhalation and Exhalation
- Spatial Versus Spinal Perspectives in Forward and Backward-Bending Poses
- Spatial Versus Spinal Perspectives in Lateral and Twisting Movements
- Intrinsic Equilibrium: The Spine, Rib Cage, and Pelvis
- Musculoskeletal System
- Skeletal System Tissue – Bones & Ligaments
- Dynamic Balance of Body Systems
- Core Strength
- Neck /Shoulder /TMJ
You may begin your YYT/RYT-500 journey anytime but must attend one of the On-Site Training options.
- July 28 - August 10
Important Note on Registration
Thank you so much for your interest. For more information and/or to register, please contact us.
Blessings & Backbends,
DeAnna & Courtney