Welcome to Yahweh Yoga!
Standing Wide Leg Straddle
Step By Step
- Stand with legs wide apart and feet parallel.
- Tighten legs by drawing the knee caps up, shins in thighs out.
- Hands to the hips and hinge at the waist, heart leads down.
- fingertips or palms to the mat under the shoulders.
- Gaze forward and back concaved.
- You may also grab your big toes.
- Stretches the insides and backs of Strengthens and stretches legs, feet, ankles, low back and spine.
- Tones abdominal organs.
- Calms the brain.
- Relieves mild backache, headache and sinusitis.
- Improves digestion and circulation.
- Toes turned out.
- Hands dangle with legs straight (use blocks if needed).
- Hyper extended knees.
- Hips behind heels.
- Inwardly rotated upper arms.
- Leading with head instead of heart.
- Lack of shins in thighs out.
- Lower back problems; avoid the full forward bend, use props.
- High blood pressure.