Welcome to Yahweh Yoga!
Seated Forward Bend
Step By Step
- Set foundation, sit up straight with legs out long, shoulders back and heart lifts, feet flex.
- Strengthen thigh muscles.
- Inner spiral, widen thighs and anchor inner edge of legs to floor.
- Extend from pelvis core out through feet and up through crown of head.
- Then hinge at hips forward and draw your heart down toward the thighs.
- Lengthen through the top of the crown.
- Foundational pose for all seated postures.
- Strengthens and improves endurance of back, leg and arm muscles.
- Opens chest, hips and groin.
- Tones abdominal muscles.
- Increases circulation.
- Great for spine.
- Unmedicated high blood pressure.
- Recent or chronic injury or inflammation of back, shoulders or knees.
- Acute sciatica (with inflammation).
- Lumbar kyphosis.
- Curving the back.
- Head tucked in too much.
- Shoulders forward.
- Leg muscles relaxed.