Welcome to Yahweh Yoga!
Step By Step
- Lie flat on back; bend knees and set feet parallel on mat as close to sitting bones as possible, hips width apart.
- Arms placed by the side palms facing down.
- Inhale and, pressing your inner feet and arms actively into the floor and
- lift hips.
- Lift buttocks until the thighs are about parallel to the floor. Knees should be directly over the heels.
- Lift chin slightly away from sternum and shoulders wrap around the spine as they press into the mat as the sides go long.
- Stretches the chest, neck and spine.
- Calms the brain and helps alleviate
- stress and mild depression.
- Stimulates abdominal organs, lungs
- and thyroid.
- Rejuvenates tired legs.
- Improves digestion.
- Helps relieve the symptoms of
- Relieves menstrual discomfort when
- done supported.
- Reduces anxiety, fatigue, backache,
- headache and insomnia.
- Therapeutic for asthma, high blood
- pressure, osteoporosis and sinusitis.
- Neck injury. Avoid this pose unless you are practicing under the supervision of an experienced teacher.
- Chin tucked flattening the neck.
- Pulling shoulders away from ears.
- Feet and knees misaligned.
- Clenching of glut muscles.
- Use block under sacrum for support.
- Use block between thighs to draw thighs together.