Welcome to Yahweh Yoga!
Step By Step
- From a Standing Wide Leg Straddle raise arms parallel to the mat, actively reaching out to each side and palms down.
- Turn back foot out 90 degrees lining up the heel of the front foot with the arch of the back foot.
- Bend into the front knee bringing it line with the toes and over the heel.
- Lengthen and tighten through the back leg, tail bone tucks under and sink into the pose. Back leg and front leg should be equally active.
- Lengthen through the top of the head, draw shoulders back, arms slightly relaxed and gaze through the front middle finger
- Strengthens and stretches the legs, arches of feet and ankles.
- Stretches the groins, chest, lungs and shoulders.
- Stimulates abdominal organ and circulation.
- Increases stamina and lung capacity.
- Increases muscular endurance.
- Relieves backaches, especially through second trimester of pregnancy.
- Therapeutic for carpal tunnel syndrome, flat feet, infertility, osteoporosis and sciatica.
- High blood pressure.
- Neck problems; don’t turn head to look over the front hand, continue to look straight ahead with both sides of the neck lengthened evenly.
- Feet turned, not on four corners.
- Feet not in line, back foot turned out too much.
- Back knee is bent.
- Most of the weight is in the front leg and/or body is leaning forward.
- Hips in the same plane as feet causing the front knee to cave into the midline.
- Lack of shoulder loop.
- Femur bone is forward