Welcome to Yahweh Yoga!
Side Arm Balance
Step By Step
- Come into Plank Pose and place one hand under the face so that hand is in front of the shoulder.
- Feet become active, toes spread and press into the inner edges of the feet as hips draw up off the mat and other hands rests on the hip or extends straight up.
- Heart opens as thighs strengthen while extending through inside of leg and inner foot presses towards the floor.
- Gaze is up at extended hand.
- You may also do this pose with one knee on the mat. Use the same knee down as what hand is on the mat.
- Advanced you may want to lift the top leg up.
- Strengthens the arms, belly and legs.
- Stretches and strengthens the wrists.
- Stretches the backs of the legs (in full version of the pose).
- Improves sense of balance.
- Hand misaligned; under or behind shoulder.
- Feet and/or leg muscles asleep.
- Lack of shoulder loop.
- Head forward.
- Students with serious wrist, elbow or shoulder injuries should avoid this pose.