Welcome to Yahweh Yoga!
Step By Step
- Lie on belly with arms along the sides of torso, palms up, forehead resting on the floor. Big toes towards each other and muscles wrap around the bones and firm the buttocks.
- Inhale and lift head, shoulders and legs up and away from the floor. Shoulders wrap around the spine.
- Arms raise parallel to the floor and stretch actively through the fingertips.
- Gaze forward or slightly upward being careful not to crunch the back of the neck. Keep base of the skull lifted and the back of the neck long.
- Strengthens the muscles of the spine, buttocks and backs of arms and legs.
- Stretches the shoulders, chest, belly and thighs.
- Improves posture and lengthens spine.
- Stimulates abdominal organs and circulation.
- Helps relieve stress.
- High blood pressure.
- Serious back injury.
- Students with neck injuries should keep their head in a neutral position by looking down at the floor; they might also support the forehead on a thickly folded blanket. Lift one arm at a time.
- Tail lifted.
- Shoulders rounded.
- Head forward.
- Knees bent.
- Toes and/or fingers asleep.