Welcome to Yahweh Yoga!
Why are supplements important? DeAnna’s Top 6 Supplements
1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
Hello Friends –
People ask me “Why are supplements important”? I always tell them it’s imperative to understand the facts about needing vitamins. We know from doctors and the scientific medical community that we age daily and lose vital vitamins and minerals daily. The reason we supplement with vitamins and minerals is to replace what we’re losing so we can continue to stay healthy and to look and feel our best. For example, it is a known fact that a lack of Vitamin D is at the core of many diseases, including cancer and heart disease.
After years of study, thousands of wasted dollars and becoming toxic from taking too many supplements here is “just my opinion” of the smartest way to determine what you need as far as supplements go and some of the brands I trust (you have to be real careful about that – some brands can actually harm you):
- Ask your doctor to give you a blood draw order to have your basic vitamin A, B, C, D, E and Hormones tested.
- If you have a hormone issue, please try to find an expert doctor who will treat you with food, not botanical hormones or hormone medication. Hormone replacement can cause a lot more illness than cure in my humble opinion.
- Have your blood drawn, tested and get results so you know where your levels are.
- Educate yourself about your own vitamin levels…are they in the top, medium or bottom end of optimum level spectrum? Your doctor can help you with this.
- If you don’t have a doctor right now just getting the basics will be quite beneficial. More likely than not, the average person will probably need the following supplementation with or without a test if you’re 50+ ( assuming you are not allergic to any ingredients, which is why it’s prudent to check with your doctor first):
- Brand – Vital Nutrients – Multi-Nutrients 5 Ultra Antioxidant Formula (Boron, Copper and Iron free) – especially important for anti-cancer
- Brand – Vital Nutrients B-Complex – One per day – this provides you with your basic nutrients
- Brand – Vital Nutrents – Vitamin C 2,000 mcg – 5,000-6000 mcg per day – everyone can use a little more C
- Brand – Protocol – Vitamins D3&K2 spray – 5 sprays under tongue per day hugely important for disease prevention- good bones
- Brand – Sports Research – Biotin 5,000mcg per day – Excellent for hair, skin, nails
- Brand – Jointlax – three capsules a day, morning, noon, night. This supplement is all natural and great for avoiding and minimizing inflammation, arthritis & Joint Pain – As I have gotten older and practice yoga almost daily my muscles and joints get very sore…I have tried a lot of things for joint pain, this brand works for me. You have to keep it in your system at all times and it works for me at all times. This is great for soreness caused by a variety of side-effects from mediations too…it’s all about keeping inflammation at its lowest.
I just want to say I have no ties with the brands recommended above, they are simply what my doctors have passed along to me as well as my own research. They may not work for you, but they really do for me. You can find most of these on Amazon.
Here’s to your vibrant health…mind, body, soul,
Prayer: Heavenly Father, please help me to keep consistent in caring for my body by exercising, eating foods you have made and taking supplements that help me feel better and prevent diseases in the future. To You be the glory! DeAnna